Bank of Canad News
The Bank of Canada today increased its target for the overnight rate to 1 ½ per cent. The Bank Rate is correspondingly 1 ¾ per cent and the deposit rate is 1 ¼ per cent.
The next scheduled date for announcing the overnight rate target is September 5, 2018
Source Bank Of Canada press release,
July 11, 2018
Wednesday, September 13, 2017
1 year closed 2.99%
2 years closed 3.24%
3 years closed 3.09%
4 years closed 3.54%
5 years closed 3.29%
10 years closed 3.99%
5 years variable closed 2.41%
5 years variable open 3.80%
5 units + 2 years 4.10%
Before you move
Book the movers. You can choose to have the movers pack everything, or just the breakables, or you can pack yourself. It's a good idea to obtain estimates from several different companies.
If you own your present home
- Arrange to have our gas, water, and electric meters read on the day you leave and have the bills forwarded to your new address.
- Have your oil tank read and filled before your sale closes, and provide a receipt to your legal professional if required.
- If the water heater or furnace is rented, arrange for a transfer of the rental agreement to the purchaser.
- Disconnect your telephone, cable TV, and water softener.
If you rent your present home
- Give necessary written notice to your landlord and make arrangements for the return of any monies you have on deposit.
At your new home
- Make arrangements for the gas and electric utilities, water softener, telephone and cable TV to be connected on the day the sale closes.
- Get "Change of Address" cards from the post office and send out well before moving day.
- Have the post office forward your mail to your new address.
- Cancel any contracted services and pre-authorized cheques.
- Inform gardening, dry cleaning, garbage pick-up, newspapers, magazines, diaper and other home services. Arrange for service at your new address.
- Obtain a letter of introduction from your current branch to help establish new accounts. Transfer trust or bank accounts and securities.
- Cancel or transfer social, athletic, civic, religious or business affiliations and memberships.
- Arrange for transfer of medical, dental, prescription and optical records.
- Change the address on your driver's license(s) effective the day of the move.
- Collect all items out for cleaning, repair or storage. e.g. fur coats, dry cleaning.
- Make special arrangements for the moving of perishables, such as plants.
- Make special arrangements for the moving of your pets.
- Dispose safely of all flammable liquids as it is illegal for movers to carry them.